Friday, June 8, 2012

The Best Part of Waking Up

I could easily make this post about the Shepherds College grads since I spent the evening at their Commencement Celebration, but I figure I'll be writing about them tomorrow after the graduation, so I will save my thoughts 'til then.

I thought I would tell you a little bit about what makes mornings so special here at Shepherds. It's not the sunrise (although that's probably beautiful, but I'm not up early enough to confirm that). It's not breakfast. It's not the coffee (unless it's hazelnut-flavored). My favorite thing about mornings at Shepherds is the "good morning" greetings from the residents here at Shepherds, especially the ones from Gary.

In my first week here, I've quickly learned that Gary always makes his morning rounds. Around 8:00, Gary will come to our office building and greet everyone with a smile, a "hello," and a handshake. Sometimes I even hear him praying with some of the people on staff.

He has a real ministry, and I for one, am quite touched by it. I think tomorrow morning I may just have to get up and find Gary, so I can get a "good morning." Otherwise, my day just won't feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment