Monday, June 4, 2012

W-4 Forms and Frozen Dinners

Even though I've been to Shepherds three times now, I had my very first experience with Shepherds College today. I spent the day observing classes for the first and second year students. I watched students give speeches, fill out mock tax forms, and practice how to handle customer service. These skills are so applicable to what these students will have to deal with as they enter the workforce. I was very impressed. Actually, I wished that my university offered classes like that. It demonstrated a higher level of preparation for gaining an actual job.

I was also able to intrude on the students' chapel session. This was such a blessing to my heart. It was incredible to watch these students who each deal with different things and come from various walks of life join together and worship God through the universal language of music. I was filled with joy at the sights and sounds.

On a less important note, I discovered a frozen meal that actually tastes pretty good. Granted, a frozen meal is a frozen meal, but if you have to live off of them (as I will probably be doing for the next few weeks due to lack of stove/oven), Pagoda Express is the way to go! Probably not too healthy, mind you, but like I said it's frozen food. And it's still healthier than a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Also, yesterday I cracked one of my favorite cups while being clumsy. Shocker, I know. I was quite upset with myself, but never fear, I went to Target today and found the exact same one for less than I bought it the first time!!! Yea! This is exciting, folks! So, my Minnie Mouse cup is as good as new (since it is new, duh!), and overall, it was a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment