Friday, June 15, 2012

My Friday

Things I did today:

1. If you ever need a smile or a laugh on a Friday afternoon, do what I did today and go with a group of Shepherds residents to their session with a therapy dog. They love that little guy! Meet Sergeant Pepper.



He jumped. He ran through a tunnel. He sniffed out a hidden box of birch (Don't ask me! I have no idea.) Basically, whatever he did got a huge round of applause.



Pepper got lots of love from the residents. Here's one of my Shepherds friends, Dennis, petting Pepper. He later informed me that he was not a dog person and he would much rather have a horse. Go figure.

 

2. Lesson learned: Never read the Food Network magazine while eating your frozen pizza that you had to microwave since you don't have an oven. It's sure to make you discontent. See example here.



And here's what I ate.



Very reminiscent of the pizzas we had in our school cafeteria in elementary. I guarantee you I loved them back then, but when you're looking at delectable burgers and steaks, that poor pizza really loses it's appeal.

3. Most importantly, I finished my design project that I hinted about earlier this week. Today, a brand-new blog for Shepherds College went live with its first post!!! I am super excited! I've been working on the design of this blog for the last three days. I really think it works beautifully with the marketing design the college has already put to use. Not only did I get to design the blog, but I have the privilege of posting on it for the next four weeks. I feel quite honored. So, without further ado, go check out www.shepherdscollegeblog.blogspot.com and let me know what you think. Please share with others and spread the word as we are working hard to get this blog into the mainstream with a good number of followers. Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment