Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nothing New

I've spent the last several minutes racking my brain for something to write about. What I have to share is not necessarily new or terribly intriguing, so I apologize if you find this post to be a bore.

Writing has been my main task during most of my time here, so that's what I've been busy with this past week as well. I LOVE it! But it doesn't really make for good pictures to post on here, nor do I want to give you synopses of what I wrote when you can just as easily go to the Shepherds College blog or pick up the fall edition of the Shepherds Folder and read it for yourself. So, suffice it to say, I've been writing, writing, writing!

One bit of excitement is that a press release I wrote about the Shepherds College graduation was printed in Union Grove's Chamber of Commerce newsletter. That made me pretty happy! It's nice to see your work in print, you know? You can view the article here.

Gayle and I spent some more time together Thursday night. We went to Dairy Queen again. Boy, can that lady eat the ice cream! Another resident from Shepherds was at Dairy Queen with a volunteer that worked in Day Services this past week. The volunteer really connected with little Faith, which made my heart swell. Faith has been waiting for a Shepherds Friend for awhile, and it was so wonderful to see her having such a happy time with her new friend.

Last night, I ate at Noodles & Company for the first time. It was pretty good stuff. I also dawdled around Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite stores of all time. It's always a dangerous thing when I go in there. =D

I decided I wanted to do something special for the Cayton house ladies (the house where Gayle lives) because they've been so sweet about opening their home to me on several nights. So, I bought some craft supplies for each of them to decorate their own canvas tote bags. We'll be doing our craft night sometime within the next two weeks, and I can't wait to share the pictures and stories with you.

Next week, is also the annual Union Grove 4th of July Parade, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to share about that as well.

I have only two weeks left here. Two weeks! Can you believe it? Time has flown! I love the work I'm doing, and I truly love it here at Shepherds, but I am deeply missing my family and my home. I'm eager to sleep in my own bed again!

So, I plan on making the most of my last two weeks here, as I will be happy to go home but sad to leave. I think I'm contradicting myself. Oh, well. It's complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment