Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Day in the Life

"So, what is it you do all day, Megan?"

For those of you who may be wondering that question, this is the post for you! No, I'm not fetching doughnuts or making endless pots of coffee. I'm doing what I love!

My day begins like most people's do. I wake up, get ready, attempt to tame my hair, eat some breakfast, and head for my office, which is exactly one floor below where I live. Quite the commute, I'd say! I check my e-mail, and then the day really begins.

I've been doing a lot of writing lately, which I love. I've written two stories about the graduation festivities that will be included in Shepherds fall newsletter. Yesterday, I wrote a press release about the 2012 Commencement that will be sent to local newspapers and national magazines.

Today, I interviewed with a faculty member from Shepherds College. I will be writing biographies for several of the faculty of Shepherds College, so I need to get lots of information about these individuals. The bios will be posted on the Shepherds College website.

I've also done a lot of design work in the last few days. I've been working on a special project for Shepherds College, and hopefully, it will be ready to go by Friday. I don't want to spoil the surprise quite yet, but keep checking back for the announcement of this new feature for Shepherds College!

After work, I usually crash in my room. Remember that commute? It's a killer! Anyway, the afternoon crash usually consists of doing my devotions, surfing the Web, and eating dinner. In the evenings, I go shopping, do my laundry, hang with friends, watch movies, or attend Bible study.

Last night's Bible study was once again really great! We studied Malachi 2. It went along the same lines as Chapter 1, but this week, I really considered the responsibility leaders have to make sure their "flock" is going in the right direction. Typically, people will apply this to pastors, which is true, but really it should be a challenge to any of us who are in leadership positions.

I think of myself with my little Cubbies. Am I leading them in the right direction? Do they see the love of Christ through me? When I lose my temper and speak a little shortly to them, how much does that hurt my testimony? It's quite scary, but highly motivating to make sure you're not leading others astray.

I'm kind of bummed because Bible study is canceled next week, but that just means I'll appreciate it all the more the week after that. Gotta soak it up while I can! =D

Anyway, that about sums it up. This has been a day in the life of Megan. Thanks for watching.

2 comments:

  1. i cannot imagine you loosing your temper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...and you have the career I wish I had sought after. However, when I was your age, I didn't know there was such a thing as a career in communications. I thought then that my only choices were to be a teacher, an airline hostess (not a politically correct title today) or a nurse. All three careers intimiated me. So happy that you have this wonderful opportunity and it appears you are great at it. Keep up the good work! :) Diana W.

    ReplyDelete